Monday, December 25, 2006

THE WAR ON CHRISTMAS...AND SANITY

Merry Christmas everyone! I happen to be Jewish, but I still like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas, or a Happy Chanukah, or a Great Kwanzaa, or a Festive Festivus. I see no reason why people who don't celebrate Christmas can’t be merry on it, or at least be wished that they be merry, just like I don’t see why gentiles can’t be happy on Chanukah, or white people glad on Kwanzaa.
I really don’t see the point why people get all upset over someone wishing them well for any reason or occasion. Likewise, I don’t see any reason why anyone should get upset over they type of greeting that people offer. Just as it is silly to be mad at someone for wishing a Jewish person or a Muslim, or an atheist a Merry Christmas, it is even sillier for anyone to get upset over people wishing others Happy Holidays or Season Greetings, or whatever they want to wish on others. There are so many great, important, worthwhile issues to wage war on, like poverty, illiteracy, child abuse, etc. that it just a complete and utter waste of time to wage war on Christmas greetings.
I know that Bill O’Reilly, Sean Hannity, Dennis Prager and others have seen their ratings plummet as people wise up to their game of fear mongering and race baiting, but surely they can come up with something more intelligent on which to focus their false rage. Actually, after listening to them, maybe not.
Merry Christmas!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home